Esch Sur Sure
Esch Sur Sure
Hike-and-bike maps of Luxembourg
Luxembourg is a small country in Western Europe surrounded by Germany, France and Belgium. The capital is Luxembourg City. The official languages are Luxembourgish, German and French. Luxembourg has a population of about 625,000 people in an area of only about 2,586 square kilometers. Luxembourg has a parliamentary monarchy form of government, with the Grand Duke Henri as head of state. The government is headed by a prime minister.
The country is known for its stability and high standard of living. It has one of the highest per capita incomes in the world.
Luxembourg is an important financial center and home to many international banks specializing in private and investment banking. It is also an important location for funds and investment companies. Luxembourg is a member of the European Union and has the euro as its official currency.
Luxembourg has a well-developed public transport system, with a network of buses, trains and trams covering the whole country.
The education system in Luxembourg is trilingual and free. Most schools teach in Luxembourgish, German and French.
Luxembourg has a rich cultural history and is known for its palaces and castles, including Vianden Castle and Beaufort Castle. It also has many festivals including Schueberfouer Volksfest, the Blues'n Jazz Rallye and the food festival Eat It.
Download Hike-and-bike maps of Luxembourg
The map coverage includes the territory of Luxembourg.
These maps are expressly not topographical maps but maps with terrain contours for the leisure sector.
Garmin GPS device
Micro SD card installation image
GMAP installation archive for Garmin BaseCamp
GMAP archive for Garmin BaseCamp
Date of last update
Can you use the map of Luxembourg for your purposes?
Then please donate a small contribution of CHF 10.00 - 20.00 for this map. Other currencies such as EUR or USD are also very welcome.
With your contribution you honor and appreciate my work and you contribute to cover the running costs of the website and to enable future updates of the map.
Thank you very much for your generosity and appreciation.
Where can you find the most beautiful hikes in Luxembourg?
Luxembourg is a small country, but it still offers many opportunities for hiking. Here are some of the most beautiful hikes in Luxembourg:
- Mullerthal Trail: The Mullerthal Trail is a 112-kilometer hiking trail that runs through the scenic Mullerthal region and is considered one of the most beautiful hiking trails in Europe. The trail passes through forests, cliffs and rivers and offers breathtaking views of the countryside.
- The Schiessentümpel Gorge: One of Luxembourg's most iconic sights, the Schiessentümpel Gorge offers a short but scenic hike through the gorge. The hike leads along a creek and features many waterfalls and rock formations.
- The donkey trail: The donkey trail is a historic trail that runs through the Ösling region in northern Luxembourg. The route follows the tracks of the donkeys that were formerly used to work in the region. The walk leads through forests and over hills and offers beautiful views of the surrounding countryside.
- The Klangweg: The Klangweg is a 3.5-kilometer hiking trail in southern Luxembourg that stimulates the senses and allows visitors to experience nature in a different way. The path is equipped with numerous sound installations and interactive stations that challenge hearing and vision.
- Beaufort Castle and Mullerthal Gorge: This hike starts in the small town of Beaufort and travels through the scenic Mullerthal Gorge, past waterfalls and rock formations, to Beaufort Castle. The hike offers both natural and historical sights and is one of the most popular hikes in Luxembourg.
There are many other beautiful hikes in Luxembourg, but these are some of the best known and most popular. It is advisable to obtain information about the trail markings, the degree of difficulty and the transport connections in advance in order to prepare as best as possible for the hike.
Where can you find the most beautiful cycle routes in Luxembourg?
Luxembourg also offers many beautiful cycling routes through its stunning countryside. Here are some of the most beautiful cycling routes in Luxembourg:
- The Alzette Route: The Alzette Route is a popular 23-kilometre bike ride that runs along the Alzette River and through some of Luxembourg's most scenic countryside. The route begins in the capital, Luxembourg City, and runs through the countryside to Mersch Castle.
- The Ravel Routes: The Ravel Routes are a network of cycle paths that run across the country. These routes are laid out on disused railway tracks and offer a smooth and safe ride through the countryside. A particularly beautiful route is the Ravel Ligne 10, which runs from Troisvierges on the Belgian border to Wasserbillig on the German border.
- The Moselle Route: The Moselle Route is a 37-kilometer bike ride that runs along the Moselle River, passing through vineyards and picturesque villages. The route starts in Remich and passes through beautiful towns such as Grevenmacher and Wormeldange before ending in Wasserbillig.
- The Mullerthal Route: The Mullerthal Route is a 38-kilometer cycle route through the scenic Mullerthal region. The route passes through forests, cliffs and rivers and offers breathtaking views of the countryside.
- The Schengen Route: The Schengen Route is a 21-kilometer bike ride along the Moselle that runs through the municipality of Schengen. The route offers breathtaking views of the vineyards, the Moselle and the border triangle where Luxembourg, France and Germany meet.
There are many other beautiful cycling routes in Luxembourg, but these are some of the most famous and popular. It is advisable to obtain information about the level of difficulty and the transport connections in advance in order to prepare as best as possible for the bike tour.