Santiago de Compostela
Santiago de Compostela
Hike-and-bike maps of Spain
Spain is a country in southwestern Europe that shares the Iberian Peninsula with Portugal. The two enclaves of Ceuta and Melilla are located on the North African coast. Spain has a population of around 47 million people, making it the sixth largest country in Europe. The official language in Spain is Spanish. However, there are also four regional official languages: Catalan, Galician, Basque and Aranese.
Spain has one of the largest economies in Europe and is a major exporter of agricultural products, textiles, machinery and vehicles.
Spain has a rich cultural history influenced by the Romans, the Moors and other cultures. Well-known Spanish artists and writers include Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Miguel de Cervantes and Federico García Lorca.
Spain is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, especially for its beaches, its cultural attractions, its cities like Madrid and Barcelona, its cuisine and its mild climate.
Spain is a parliamentary monarchy and currently has King Felipe VI. as head of state. The government is headed by the Prime Minister, who is currently Pedro Sánchez.
The majority of the population in Spain are Catholics, but there is also a growing number of people who do not belong to any religion or belong to other faiths such as Islam or Protestantism.
Spain is known for its successful football teams, including Real Madrid and FC Barcelona, as well as its successful tennis and basketball players.
Download Hike-and-bike maps of Spain
The map coverage includes the territory of Spain.
These maps are expressly not topographical maps but maps with terrain contours for the leisure sector.
Garmin GPS device
Micro SD card installation image
GMAP installation archive for Garmin BaseCamp
GMAP archive for Garmin BaseCamp
Date of last update
Can you use the map of Spain for your purposes?
Then please donate a small contribution of CHF 10.00 - 20.00 for this map. Other currencies such as EUR or USD are also very welcome.
With your contribution you honor and appreciate my work and you contribute to cover the running costs of the website and to enable future updates of the map.
Thank you very much for your generosity and appreciation.
Where can you find the most beautiful hikes in Spain?
Spain has many stunning walks to offer, from the Pyrenees to the coast. Here are some of the most beautiful hikes in Spain:
- Camino de Santiago: The Camino de Santiago is a famous pilgrimage route that runs through northern Spain. The most famous route is the Camino Francés, which runs from the Pyrenees to Santiago de Compostela. However, there are many other routes that lead to the city. The trek offers a mix of cultural sights, historic towns and stunning landscapes.
- Sierra Nevada: The Sierra Nevada is a mountain range in southern Spain and offers some of the most spectacular hikes in the country. The hikes lead through valleys, over mountain passes and along rivers. There are also many lakes and waterfalls to discover on your hike.
- Picos de Europa: The Picos de Europa are a mountain range in northern Spain. The hikes lead through dramatic landscapes, deep gorges and high peaks. The routes are suitable for both experienced hikers and beginners.
- Costa Brava: The coastal region of Costa Brava in Catalonia offers many scenic walks along the coast and through the mountains. The walks offer spectacular views of the Mediterranean Sea and the cliffs of the coast.
- Teide National Park: The Teide National Park on the island of Tenerife offers some of the most spectacular hikes in the Canary Islands. The hikes lead through volcanic craters, along rivers and to one of the highest peaks in Spain, the Pico del Teide.
These hikes are just a small selection of the many possibilities that Spain offers. It is important to prepare well for a hike and to obtain the appropriate information and permits, especially for national parks and protected areas.
Where can you find the most beautiful cycle routes in Spain?
Spain also offers numerous stunning cycling routes for cyclists of all skill levels. Here are some of the most beautiful cycling routes in Spain:
- Basque Country: The Basque Country in northern Spain offers some of the most beautiful cycling routes in the country. Routes pass through picturesque villages and along the coast, and there are also some challenging mountain routes for experienced cyclists.
- Mallorca: The Balearic island of Mallorca is a popular destination for cyclists, especially racing cyclists. There are many good roads and tracks through the mountains and along the coast.
- Andalucia: Andalucia in southern Spain offers a mix of flat and hilly routes for cyclists. The routes pass through olive groves and whitewashed villages and offer spectacular views of the countryside.
- La Rioja: La Rioja is a wine region in northern Spain and offers some of the best cycling routes for wine lovers. The routes lead through vineyards and offer wonderful views of the surrounding mountains.
- Via Verde de la Sierra: The Via Verde de la Sierra is an old railway route in southern Spain that has been converted into a cycle path. The route passes through the Sierra de Grazalema Natural Park and offers breathtaking views of the countryside.
There are many more cycling routes in Spain to choose from based on personal preference and difficulty. It is important to have the right equipment and precautions, especially on more challenging routes.